How To Find Wi-Fi Passwords Using CMD in Windows and Linux?
Many times we forget our Wi-Fi password. Resetting passwords every time is not the optimal solution as all our home devices and system are connected with the same network and we have to save the new password again to all our devices.
For this one better solution is finding Wi-Fi Passwords Using CMD. It is one of the easiest ways. And that’s what the article is all about.
Whenever we connect to a WiFi network and enter the password to connect to that network, we actually make a WLAN profile of that WiFi network. That profile is stored inside our computer, along with the other required details of the WiFi profile.
Find Wi-Fi Passwords Using CMD in Windows:
- Press start and type CMD, right-click on the Command Prompt option shown as a search result and click on Run as administrator.
- Type netsh wlan show profile in the command prompt and press Enter to show a list of network names that we connect to. Note down the full name of the Wi-Fi network you want to find the password for. Here, the wifi name is Redmi.
- Type netsh wlan show profile Wi-Fi name key=clear, substituting ‘Wi-Fi name’ for the network name we just made a note of (for example, netsh wlan show profile Redmi key=clear) then Press Enter.
- Scroll through the results until we find an entry named Key Content -our Wi-Fi password will be listed next to it.
Find Wi-Fi Passwords Using CMD in Linux:
- Go to Settings and click on ‘Network & Internet’
- Choose the ‘WiFi’ in the left pane and click on the Advanced option.
- Turn on the ‘Random Hardware Address’ feature under the settings. If your wireless hardware does not support this feature, the “Random Hardware Addresses” section will not show up at all in the settings app.
- Once you have turned this on, you are done.
CyberTecz is Available on Play Store, Download Now & Get an Inside Look into App: Click here
Abroad Jobs Opportunities for Professionals & Freshers, Apply Now: Click here
Men’s & Women’s Tips, Grooming, Relationship Tips, Health & Fitness Guide, Motivation: Click here
Get Daily Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Linux distro releases, Security News, and Tutorials: Click here
MNC Companies Mock Test with Aptitude and Coding Assessment: Click here