How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps in Android, iOS and Desktop
Drop a pin is most useful feature on Google Maps. For me it’s almost impossible to get around a new place without Google Maps.
But have you ever found yourself in a situation where Google Maps didn’t know what you were looking for?
Or you might you’re looking to save a new location you found in Google Maps, you’ll need to drop a pin on the exact location. Doing so will help you to find it again. Here’s how.
Dropping a pin is useful if the place you’re looking for doesn’t have an address or is off the road network. It’s also helpful on the odd occasion when Google gets a location wrong. Here’s how to drop a pin on Google Maps on Android, iOS and Desktop.
In this article you will find different ways to Drop a pin in Maps
1. Drop a Pin in Google Maps on Windows or Mac
There are two ways to drop a pin on a location in Google Maps on your Windows 10 PC or Mac. You can use the search bar to drop a pin automatically, or you can drop a pin on any location on the map manually.
- To start, open the Google Maps website(to save a location, you’ll need to sign in to your account).
- To save a location, you’ll need to sign in to your account
- Search suggestions will appear below the search bar—select one of these to drop a pin on that location.
- An information panel will open on the left, offering you options to share or save the location, or to find directions to or from it.
- In the map view on the right, a red pin will drop on the same location, pinpointing it on the map for you to quickly identify.
2. You can also drop a pin manually.
- Select any location in the map view.
- A smaller pin icon will appear on the map, with a quick directions box appearing at the bottom.
- To view the larger red pin on that location (along with the information panel on the left), select the map coordinates in the quick directions box.
- The red pin and information panel will appear at this point, allowing you to save or share the location. To remove the pin, select the cross icon on the search bar or select elsewhere on the map itself.
3. How to Drop a pin on Google Maps in Android, iOS and Desktop
- Open the Google Maps app on your device.
- You can enter a location and then search the area around the pin that shows up. Or, if you’re looking for a nearby place, you can start searching manually.
- Once you’re looking at the right place on the screen, zoom in as much as possible.
- Tap the location where you want to drop a pin and hold for a little bit.
- A pin will appear under your finger. And at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a panel with a range of options.
How to Open a Pin Dropped in WhatsApp on Google Maps from iOS or Android Device
One of the most practical uses of the pinning feature on Google Maps is that you can send someone a pinned location.
There are several messaging apps that you can use right in Google Maps, and WhatsApp is one of them. Let’s say that you’re having difficulties finding a location on Google Maps, but you know a friend who knows how to find it.
The friend can drop a pin on their end and share this information with you in WhatsApp. If you’ve never received a dropped pin that way before, you might be wondering what to do next. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and go to the particular message.
- The Google Maps link you’ve received will say “Dropped pin” and the closest street or location underneath. It will also have a small image of Google Maps and the coordinates.
3.Click on the link that’s directly under the “Dropped pin” location.
- You’ll be redirected from WhatsApp to Google Maps app on your phone. If Google Maps is disabled, the link will open in your phone’s default browser.
- When Google Maps launches, you’ll be able to see the dropped pin in question. By clicking on it, a pop-up menu will appear where you can take further action.
How to Remove Dropped Pins
Now you know how to drop a pin. But what about deleting a dropped pin? How do you remove one from your map?
To remove a pin location on Android and iOS, tap the X icon in the text box at the top of the page. If you want to delete a dropped pin on desktop, either click anywhere else on the map or press the X icon on the information box at the bottom of the screen.
When you drop a pin in your exact location, you’re saving the GPS coordinates of that spot. That way, when you share it with your friend, you’re telling them exactly where you are – not the nearest street address (which might be miles away).
To send your location to someone who doesn’t have a Google Account, share your location with a link.
1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app and sign in.
2. Tap your profile picture or initial Location sharing New share .
3. To copy your Location sharing link, tap Copy to clipboard.
You can drop a pin in Google Maps and then save that location or navigate to it. Dropping a pin is convenient if you don’t know the address you’re at, don’t want to look up the exact address, or if a specific location has no address.
CyberTecz Connect Social Network: Click here
Join Telegram Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2023 Batch: Click Here
If You Want To Get More Daily Such Jobs Updates, Career Advice Then Join the Telegram Group From Above Link Also Press Red Bell Icon At The Left Side of Page To Subscribe our Updates.
TCS NQT 2021 Registration has been Started For Across India: Click here
Accenture Hiring Freshers of Package 4.5 LPA Across India: Click here
Why You’re Not Getting Response From Recruiter?: Click here
Top 5 High Salary Jobs in India IT Sector 2021: Click here
Whats is the Difference Between a CV and a Resume?: Click here
How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here
A Leadership Guide For How To Win Hearts and Minds: Click here
How To Improve Communication Skills with 12 Strategy: Click here
Career Tips for Freshers: Top 7 Hacks To Land Your Target Job: Click here
Which Graphics Processor is Best for Gaming 2021?: Click here
Feel Like Demotivated? Check Out our Motivation For You: Click here
Top 5 Best Mobile Tracking App in 2021 For Mobile & PC: Click here
5 Proven Tips For How To Look Beautiful and Attractive: Click here
Home Workouts During The Lockdown For Fitness Freaks: Click here
What is Big Data Analytics? Does it Require Coding?: Click here