Android 12 Release date, Features | How to install Android 12 Dev Preview
Android 12 Features:
- New UI – Material NEXT Design: Material Design was first introduced by Google in 2014. It was actually based on the principles of Shadow and Depth, and Google made it available across its vast brochure of services. Later came Material Design 2.0 and now the Material NEXT Design with some expressive improvements.
- New Notification UI: Notifications are an important aspect of a smartphone OS. There are significant visual changes with smoother transitions and tweaks across the notifications area. Google has introduced a translucent background in the Notification pane, it was missing in Android 11. The icons remain the same but the color changes are present.
- Settings Panel: There are such big changes but much-needed refinements are part of the package. Bigger toggles are present for easy accessibility in the panel. Moreover, it resembles a bit like the OneUI skin from Samsung. Maybe, it is due to the blue background or something else.
- LockScreen: A slight change on the lock screen is also seen if you’re using a pattern to unlock. It even includes a translucent background.
- Optimized for large display devices: Google is optimizing Android 12 for large display devices such as tablets, foldable devices, and TVs.
- WiFi Sharing with Nearby Button: A step ahead of modified skins, Android 12 now offers WiFi sharing to all nearby contacts by pressing the “Nearby” button. Rather than sharing the barcode scanner with every known contact, the user can simply share it with all using the “Nearby” button.
- Better Screenshots: Android 12 brings improved editing options for screenshots. The latest additions in editing tools are the ability to add texts, Emojis, and stickers. It might reduce the dependence on third-party apps if running vanilla Android.
- Multi-channel audio: Android 12 brings support for MPEG-H while audio mixers can now bring 24 channels support.
- Easy Audio Source Selection: Android 12 enhances the media player present in the Quick Settings. The user can now allow you to turn off media player in quick settings for YouTube, Spotify, etc, or vice versa.
- One-Handed Mode: Smartphones are getting bigger, and it has become quite difficult for users to use them single-handedly. As a solution, the Android 12 has come up with a One-Handed mode on the line of Samsung’s OneUI and OnePlus OxygenOS.
- Improved Gestures: The latest iterations improve the gesture navigation while using the immersive mode. It is now easier and more consistent in Android 12.
- Scrolling Screenshots: Finally, a year after it was initially spotted on Android 11 DP, the scrolling screenshots have again made it to the Android 12 Developer Preview. The same feature is present for the past couple of years on customized skins like Samsung’s OneUI, OnePlus’s OxygenOS, and Xiaomi’s MIUI.
- Stackable Widgets: Yes, the iOS-like Smart Stack have finally made their way through Android 12 DP. The users would be able to enjoy multiple widgets of the same size via the same placeholder. It will be a quite useful addition to the Android ecosystem and will significantly boost the usage of widgets.
- Notifications Snooze: It is an important option that is since Android Oreo but is a bit complex to use. Now, a single snooze button is made available which is easily accessible by heading to Settings>Apps and notifications>Notifications>Allow notification snoozing.
What is Android 11 called?
Android 12 may be called “Snow Cone” unofficially. Which is rolling out now to the firm’s Pixel devices, and to smartphones from a handful of third-party manufacturers.
Android 12 release date
It released on 18 February 2021. Going forward, Google usually holds an I/O developer conference in May to announce the first public beta for consumers to test new features. The final, finished version of Android 12 likely won’t get an official rollout to compatible handsets until September 2021.
It will be up to device manufacturers to bring Android 12 to your phone, and that often takes months to do, so don’t be surprised if your specific handset doesn’t get Android 12 until 2022.
How to install Android 12 Developer Preview
- Download the Android 12 OTA file for your specific Pixel model and move it to the ADB tools folder. You can download the zip file from here.
- Turn on USB Debugging in the Android Developer Settings.
- Power off the device. Now, hold the Power button and volume down button to get to the Bootloader page.
- Here, use the volume buttons to choose Recovery mode in the menu and hit the power button.
- On the next screen, hold down the Power button and Volume simultaneously for about a second to enter the recovery menu.
- Next, search “Apply update from ADB sideload” and hit the power button to enter.
- Connect the Google Pixel device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt on your PC, and type in the command — ADB devices.
- Now, enter the command — ADB sideload “filename”.zip
- Select Reboot from the Android recovery menu once the installation is complete.
While this method won’t wipe your data, we recommend that you backup your device in case any issue occurs while updating the device.
Google Pixel Android 12 Update List
- Google Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 4a/4a 5G
- Google Pixel 4 / 4 XL
- Google Pixel 3 / 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3a/3a 5G
OnePlus Android 12 Update List
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 9
- OnePlus 9 Pro
Mi / Redmi Android 12 Update List
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 10T
- Mi 11
- Mi 11 Pro
- Mi 11 Lite
- Redmi K40
- Redmi K40 Pro
- Poco F2
- Redmi K30 Pro
- Redmi K30
Realme Android 12 Update List
- Realme 8
- Realme 8 Pro
- Realme X9
- Realme X9 Pro
- Realme Race
- Realme Race Pro
- Realme X7
- Realme X7 Pro
- Realme 7
- Realme 7 Pro
- Realme X3
- Realme X3 SuperZoom
Samsung Android 12 Update List
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy F41
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 2020
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
Nokia Android 12 Update List
- Nokia 5.4
- Nokia 3.4
- Nokia 2.4
- Nokia 5.3
- Nokia 7.2
- Nokia 6.2
- Nokia 4.2
- Nokia C3
- Nokia 8V 5G UW
- Nokia 2V Tella
- Nokia C1 Plus
Motorola Android 12 Update List
- Moto G Stylus 2021
- Motorola One 5G Ace
- Motorola Moto G9 Plus
- Motorola Moto G Power 2021
- Moto G9 Power
- Moto G 5G Plus
- Motorola Edge+
- Motorola Edge
- Motorola One Fusion+
Join Telegram Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2023 Batch: Click Here
If You Want To Get More Daily Such Tech Updates, Career Advice Then Join the Telegram Group From Above Link And Never Miss Update.
Wipro Elite NLTH 2021 Registration has been Started: Click here
Accenture Hiring Freshers of Package 4.5 LPA Across India: Click here
Why You’re Not Getting Response From Recruiter?: Click here
Top 5 High Salary Jobs in India IT Sector 2020: Click here
How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here
A Leadership Guide For How To Win Hearts and Minds: Click here
COVID-19 Live Tracker India & Coronavirus Live Update: Click here
Career Tips for Freshers: Top 7 Hacks To Land Your Target Job: Click here
Top 5 Best Indian Car Launches In December ahead: Click here
Feel Like Demotivated? Check Out our Motivation For You: Click here
Top 5 Best Mobile Tracking App in 2021 For Mobile & PC: Click here
5 Proven Tips For How To Look Beautiful and Attractive: Click here
Home Workouts During The Lockdown For Fitness Freaks: Click here