10 Best Browsers For Old, Slow PCs (2020 Edition)
Here are some more excellent productivity apps and tools 10 Best Browsers For your PC
- Maxthon 5
- Pale Moon
- UR Browser
- Slim Browser:
- Comodo IceDragon
Firefox is a major browser, which means there are regular updates and security patches. This will boost your browsing speed and reduce your tab’s RAM usage. However, it is more resource-efficient than the other major browsers, so it will run faster than Google Chrome, Edge, and Safari, especially on older computers.
While its latest versions may not support Windows Vista and Windows XP anymore, Firefox is still a great browser for PCs with Windows 7 and up, and Macs with macOS 10.9 and up. You will also need a machine with at least 51MB of RAM and 200MB of hard drive space. You can also use extensions to strip down web page content.
There are also plenty of add-ons to expand browser functionality, including ad blockers and tab managers.
Here are some features of Firefox,
- Firefox is right now the best Google Chrome alternative for Windows.
- Firefox automatically blocks ads and trackers from the webpages.
- The latest version of Firefox also got a dark mode.
A little bit info about K-melon In order to install it, you will need a program that opens 7zip files. K-Meleon is an old web browser that is lightweight and fast, making it one of the best browsers for slow computers. It doesn’t require too much memory to run. In fact, it only needs 256MB (megabytes) of RAM (Random-Access Memory) and 70MB of storage space. K-Meleon browser is based on the Gecko layout engine, which was developed by Mozilla, the same software company that developed Firefox.
So you can expect K-Meleon to share a few similarities with Mozilla Firefox. What you’ll love most about K-Meleon is how easy it is to customize it, and how secure it is out of the box. This browser is only available for PC users, so you won’t be able to download it if you are using a Mac computer. While there is no extension or add-on support for K-Meleon, it does offer many useful plugins that expand its functionalities. However, this means that your computer won’t have to load a lot of extra features every time you open your browser.
Here are some features of K-melon,
- K-melon brings a tabbed browsing experience on a low-end system.
- You can also customize the toolbar, menu, context menu.
- K-melon also supports mouse gestures.
3. Maxthon 5
Maxthon 5 offers extensive backup and cloud synchronization options, which allow you to sync data across your devices. The Maxthon 5 browser has 670 million users for a reason. This browser only requires 512MB RAM and 64MB of hard drive space. It is available for Windows 7 and up, Mac OSX, as well as Android, and iPhones.
This not only provides you with added security online, but it also minimizes how much RAM each page tab uses. While it is a lightweight browser, Moreover, it incorporates software shortcuts, and it has a built-in screenshot tool to make it easy to grab screenshots.You will also love its built-in ad-blocker tool that removes ads from the sites and pages you visit.
Here are some features of Maxthon 5,
- This web browser is lightweight and fast.
- Maxthon 5 shows the shortcuts for commonly used Windows tools on the toolbar.
- Maxthon 5 also offers a screen-capture tool, Reader Mode, and custom skins.
- Maxthon 5 provides users a ‘Night Mode’ to reduce eye damage & high brightness.
4. Pale Moon
Pale Moon runs on old processors that have Windows 7 and up. It is a lightweight, open-source web browser that is only available for Linux and Windows. However, it is coming to Mac soon. It only requires a system with 1GB (gigabyte) of RAM and 200MB of free disk space.
Pale Moon’s code is based on Mozilla Firefox’s, and it has exclusive add-ons, optimizations, and regular systems updates with the latest security patches. It has a broad collection of themes and extensions, depending on your needs and preferences. It supports many legacy Firefox extensions. Pale Moon’s strongest point is that it allows you to pick from its array of customization options for page content, tabs.
Here are some features of Pale moon,
- Pale moon offers lots of security features.
- It’s an open-source web browser that focuses on efficiency and customization.
- Pale moon automatically blocks ads, web trackers, and Spywares.
5. UR Browser
UR Browser is great for old and slow computers because it loads web pages fast and does not load any ads or trackers, which can slow down your browser. This is available for Windows 7 and up and Mac OSX 10.9 and up. It will also tell you when a site is unsafe, and scan all of your downloads for viruses automatically.
It even includes a built-in VPN (a virtual private network) that hides your identity online. Once it gets to install the UR Browser, it will ask you what privacy settings you want to use. Besides blocking dangerous websites, it also offers you tools and options for filtering which third-party trackers can have access to your personal information online.
Here are some features of UR Browser,
- The web browser is fast, and it’s completely ad-free.
- It offers lots of tools to control your privacy.
- The web browser also got a built-in virus scanner.
If you searching for a web browser that’s developed with a Web Kit rendering engine and is capable to complete with the Chrome browser when it comes to speed and other functionality, then Midori might be an excellent choice for the use. The great thing about the Midori browser is that the browser doesn’t have any unnecessary settings and it has a clean interface. What’s more interesting is its plugin support which can greatly expand the browser’s functionality.
Here are some features of Midori,
- The web browser provides you with all the tools to guarantee your privacy and anonymity.
- Midori an open-source and lightning-fast web browser for Windows.
- The user interface of the web browser is pretty clean.
Lunascape is basically a combination of 3 i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet explorer. It’s an extremely lightweight web browser that has Trident, Gecko, and Web Kit bundled into a single browser. The interface looks similar to the internet explorer and its light on resources. Lunascape lets you switch the rending engine for any page. It support the add-ons of Firefox.
Here are some features of Lunascape,
- The web browser uses the Gecko Engine, which makes it blazing fast.
- Lunascape lets you switch the rendering engine for any page.
- The web browser supports the add-ons of Firefox.
This web browser is meant for a regular web browser and since it’s a lightweight browser, it misses out on lots of modern features like ad blocker, VPN, etc. It’s one of the oldest web browsers available out there for Windows computers. It has been around for more than 10 years and still, it’s used by lots of users. SeaMonkey also has a Safe mode that helps you to solve problems that might occur.
Here are some features of SeaMonkey,
- The web browser has a built-in ad blocker that blocks ads from the web pages.
- SeaMonkey also has a Safe mode that helps you to solve problems that might occur.
- It also offers lots of lightweight themes to give the browser a personal touch.
9. Slim Browser
It’s one of the best and lightning-fast web browser for an old computer. Despite being a lightweight browser, it doesn’t miss out on any modern features like a download manager, webpage translation, ad blocker, etc. Apart from that, Slim Browser also shows weather conditions and forecasts.
Here are some features of Slim Browser,
- The web browser is lightning fast. It offers ten times faster file & video download speed.
- Slim Browser got a built-in ad-blocker.
- The web browser also offers a fully customizable toolbar.
- Slim Browser also has gestures support that lets you get things done in less time.
10. Comodo IceDragon
Comodo IceDragon is one of the fastest, secure, and feature-rich web browsers that you can use on Windows PC. The web browser is based on Firefox which makes it fast and light on PC resources. It got the ability to scan web-pages for malware right from the browser. Apart from that, it got an integrated DNS service to boost the browsing speed.
Here are some features of Comodo IceDragon,
- The web browser is fast, easy to use, and light on system resources.
- It automatically scans and blocks malicious webpages.
- The web browser supports every Firefox plug-ins.
If You Want To Get More Daily Such Tech Updates, Career Advice Then Join the Telegram Group From Given Link And Never Miss Update.
Join Telegram Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2021 Batch: Click Here
Why You’re Not Getting Response From Recruiter?: Click here
Top 5 High Salary Jobs in India IT Sector 2020: Click here
How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here
Cognizant Latest News: Up To 20K+ Employees Will Be Hired: Click here
Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone- Idea 2 Gb Per Day Data Plan Comparison: Click here
Lenovo Legion Three Gaming Laptops Launched In India: Click here
COVID-19 Live Tracker India & Coronavirus Live Update: Click here
Career Tips for Freshers: Top 7 Hacks To Land Your Target Job: Click here
Feel Like Demotivated? Check Out our Motivation For You: Click here
List of Best Sites To Watch Free Movies Online in 2020: Click here